The YYZ PBS Committee is there to ensure you get the most out of your seniority when bidding your monthly block. We are a patient group with the ability to clearly explain the ins and outs of our bidding system with language you will understand. Find us during the bid period in the comm centre or send us an email with your questions any time.Contact PBSE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgVoice mail:
416 798-3399 Ext. 252
Cabin crew due to attend recurrent training and scheduled for vacation of 23 days or more during the same month (their 12th month) are advised that they must re-qualify in the MONTH PRIOR, i.e. their 11th month.
An exception occurs for crew members due in April, who cannot attend training in the preceding month (March) as IFS Training introduces a new training module in April of every year. Instead, these affected crew members will be required to attend requalification training in the following month, i.e. in May.
In order to schedule your Annual Recurrent Training, simply bid for your preferred session via the PBS system for the month of June. Please be advised that the sessions are listed in PBS as "REC" IFS203-XXXX.
Return Following a Long-Term Sick Leave
Cabin Personnel scheduled to return to duty following a long-term sick leave must provide a medical certificate indicating a specific return date in order to be eligible for a training award. All medical certificates must be faxed to 514-422-7989 or emailed to email@example.com prior to TRAINING bid close and followed up with a phone call to Crew Planning to confirm receipt of the fax.
In the event that a medical is not received by this deadline and the employee subsequently books on OR is providing a medical for pairings award purposes, the training will be assigned prior to the pairings award.
NOTE: All cabin crew will be required to bid for and attend training at their own base. Similar to monthly blocks and vacation, training will be bid for and awarded on a seniority basis. As a result, once awarded, scheduled training is final, and changes may not be requested as any modifications after the Award will have seniority implications. In addition, PBS is designed to award duties by category (base/classification). Therefore, it is not possible to allow employees to bid for training at another base.
While you may insert a line in PBS stating, "avoid voluntary training", please note that you may still be awarded training as PBS will assign training in reverse order of seniority to ensure that every seat in every session is filled if not enough crew members bid for training.
For information on how to bid for training, please refer to the PBS Support Documents found via the Globe Information System under Tools & References > Crew Scheduling & Planning.
Returning to work with a Medical Note
Following a Long-Term Sick Leave Cabin Personnel scheduled to return to duty following a long-term sick leave must provide a medical certificate indicating a specific return date in order to be eligible for a training award. All medical certificates must be faxed to 514-422-7989 prior to TRAINING bid close and followed up with a phone call to Crew Planning to confirm receipt of the fax. In the event that a medical is not received by this deadline and the employee subsequently books on OR is providing a medical for pairings award purposes, the training will be assigned prior to the pairings award.
"... [the patient] will return on Feb XX. .
[the patient] may bid for Feb 2021.
[the patient] will be off from XX to XX.
[the patient] will be absent until XX ...
REC is a must go, therefore cannot be avoided
PBS views these days as working day. No credit attached- just pay
PBS is bid via PBS and NOT People Soft
If you are due for training, when you open your bid page, you will read that you are a MUST GO
To see date and time of training, click the tab on the top right-hand side of the bid page that reads award training patterns. Once there, click the box that reads TYPE and then highlight REC see Monthly Course Sessions for June
Recurrent identifier will always start with IFS203-XXXX the following 4 digits or letter and three digits indicate the date/and the time the training will start.
Recurrent training is considered working days and you must have the proper crew rest before and after training
Here are step by step instructions on the current bidding system
1. Open PBS bidding
2. Click "Training Patterns" on top right
3. Click "Type"
4. Highlight "REC". All dates for REC display, as well as, if applicable A.M. and P.M classes,
5. Write down the number of the date you want, REC starts with IFS203, print out the pages
6. Close screen
7. Then click "Bids" on top left
8. Click "Add"
9. Click "Award Training Patterns"
10. Click "Identifier"
11. Click on your desired identifier -
12. Click on the double arrow (>>) to send selection to box on right
13. To add more selections, start again at step 8
14. Click "Submit"
Remember, like pairings if you put all identifiers in one bid line, PBS will choose for you. If one identifier is a higher bid preference than another, put that identifier on a separate bid line.
New UI: step by step
1.Open PBS bidding
2.Click Training - last box on left hand side
3.Training Preferences will appear on right hand side. Click Type
4.select REC, all dates for REC will display then click APPLY
5.Write down the number and day you want. REC starts with IFS203
7.Then click "Bids" on left hand side. You should be in the Training bid page
8.Click the add button - circle with the plus sign
9.Select award training
11.Highlight the identifier you want (one at a time if you would like) then select apply
12.Once you are done select close
1. Please verify your PBS calendar for overlap credit, vacation credit, training awards, and if your month has been prorated due to retirement or an absence.
2. Pairings are revised every month before bid closes and the pairing revisions are published in Aeronet under In Flight Services >Crew Scheduling and Planning>Block Bid Packages. If you bid by pairing numbers, it is recommended that you verify the pairing revisions before bid closes.
3. If you hold a route language (i.e. GE, MD, HE, JA, HI, PJ, IT or any other route language), it is recommended to bid pairings that require your language. HI qualified on 856 YYZ-LHR/ 859 LHR-YYZ are being removed starting November. On BOM flights PJ is now 1.
4. There have been reports of bidding difficulty when bidding from layover destinations; it is recommended that you have a bid submitted before leaving home base if possible.
5. Always print out your final bid.
6. If you want to use your default bid, ensure there are no bid lines in your current bid. If you see a number 1 in front of Start Pairings in your current bid, this is the bid PBS will use. PBS will award you a block from the embedded award bid line